Homeopathy is a type of alternative medicine that was founded by a physician in the late 1700s, and his name was Samuel Hahnemann. It is based on the doctrine of “like cures like.” This concept explains that a substance that causes a disease in a healthy person will cure similar symptoms in a sick individual.
Hahnemann believed that there were other, more natural ways of achieving health without producing harmful side effects associated with allopathic (pharmaceutical, drug-based) treatments. Homeopathy is a gentle way of strengthening your vital force without the harmful side effects of potentially toxic pharmaceutical drugs, which are geared simplytowards symptom suppression. Homeopathic remedies are designed to address the root cause of illness, enhancing your body’s ability to fight for itself and heal from the inside out.
Samuel Hahnemann believed that this concept can in fact reduce side effects caused by harmful medications that were beginning to occur in healthcare as the standard approach to improving one's health. Homeopathy is very individualized, and no two people get the same medications for similar symptoms of a similar disease.
The Benefits of Homeopathy for Chronic Conditions
1. It is a safe, gentle and effective way to improve your overall health: Homeopathy works on a deep level to radically strengthen the vital force (the soul) within the human body. The moment you were born the vital force was created to sustain human existence. Samuel Hahnemann believed that the creative energies of the vital force provide sustainable health. When these energies are blocked, the interruption causes imbalances in the body which can result in disease.
2. Minimal doses of a homeopathic remedy stimulate a vital response in the body: One of the great ways of looking at the differences between conventional medicine and homeopathic medicine is that conventional medicine uses higher doses of a medication. Homeopathy provides the body a way to strengthen the immune system by allowing it to respond to its own healing capabilities, and it does so with minute doses.
3. Homeopathy addresses the mental, emotional and physical symptoms in each medicine: When we compare it to other ways of improving one's health, homeopathy provides a way to get to all layers and levels of healing. As compared to other models of healthcare where one body part or one system of the body is the main focus, homeopathy’s primary target is to enhance wellness on all levels of the body to maintain homeostasis. Homeopathy focuses on the individual’s constitution in relation to a specific remedy picture. That remedy picture is often used to treat long-term conditions.
4. Homeopathy Can Be Combined with Other Holistic Approaches: Homeopathy can be combined with various other holistic approaches for your improved wellness. The combined approaches that Bret and I use in our practice are Primal lifestyle coaching, energy healing, and herbalism just to name a few. Most of the time, the most optimal results are seen with a combined alternative approach to get you on your way to a more vibrant way of living!
Homeopathic practitioners dive deep into understanding your health concerns. As a holistic practitioner and a Homeopath, I can relate to most women’s health concerns.
5. Homeopathy is very effective for women's health and wellness: Many of the health problems women are faced with today come with many vague symptoms that are difficult for many healthcare providers to address. Since homeopathy has small doses with less side effects it is commonly taken by many women and their children. Women are also known to be part of support groups that help teach one another about their bodies. Therefore homeopathy provides accessibility, effective and gentle ways to support women and their families.
Here are some health challenges that we assist women with:
Infertility related to autoimmunity
Homeopathy can address both acute and constitutional (long-standing) conditions with remedies of suggested doses and potencies. Getting to the root of any chronic condition can be very frustrating, time consuming and financially draining. Homeopathy provides all of these solutions and more importantly allows you to take your health back into your own hands.
When you are faced with a long-standing condition that isn't improving, then consider another approach such as an alternative medicine like homeopathy. The foundation of this model of health addresses many levels of wellness that can be rectified by stimulating the body’s vital response.
Get inspired, and get to know Homeopathy! The reason it can be combined with other holistic approaches is because it’s safe, effective and extremely gentle on the body. Learn a bit more about homeopathy at the National Center for Homeopathy.